Thursday, October 11, 2007

Whoa-oh-oh-oh Mexico

American tourists shop for fine jewelery at sidewalk stalls south of the border.

Baja California. I spent about 90 minutes in Mexico today. Maybe a little longer. It was the shortest trip to a foreign country I've ever made. It wasn't glamorous Acapulco or silvery Taxco or even shabby-chic Tijuana. It was the capital city of Baja California: Mexicali.

This building seems to be missing something: the rest of the upstairs.

Considering I've been interacting with Mexicali residents all day at meetings in El Centro and Calexico, it seemed worthwhile to check out their place of residence.

Note to self: don't take bus photos in the middle of the street!

I don't have much to say about my visit, but offer just these few quick snapshots not sanctioned by the Mexicali Tourist Board.

It seems like an "after" photo might increase sales. Or is this the "after" photo?

No comments:

About Me | Contact Me | 2007 Joey Goldman